Wednesday 5 September 2007

A short wibble....

I promise that normal service will be resumed in the near future - in the meantime I bring you a short wibble.....

I'm back at school. Kids arrive back tonight, teaching starts tomorrow, meetings have been had... etc etc.... So far I've been OK... if a bit wobbly. I'm sure things will get better once I'm in the classroom, but until then.... Wibble!

The other bit of news (& excuse for wibble) is that I've been given permission to do my charity marathon on my school's charity fair day (Sat 22nd Sept). I have the OK from the organisers, I have a venue and the school Boat Club seem keen to have some boys doing a relay or some such alongside.... there is one fly in the ointment over timing but I think I can swing that.. which means I'm actually going to have to do it in just less than three week's time..... I say again... WIBBLE!! Start of term is not easy as far as fitting in exercise goes so I've not been on the erg much, although my last 1/2 marathon was good. I also need to get on to the Orchid Cancer Charity to see if they'd be happy for me to do it in their name & if so how to set up a website etc....

So........ Help! I need encouragement.... have I bitten off more than I can chew?!

4 comments:

  1. I know you can do it! :D

    I'm so glad I found your blog. I've been thinking about you lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, all the best on the return to work.
    As for the marathon, it's in the bag. You'll get lots of moral support from the Free Spirits (won't actually help cover the meters on the day of course, but you know what I mean!) Don't worry about the time, the challenge and the cause will see you through.
    Wolfie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet
    Im glad you had happy holidays and are now abt to return to work-so dont wibble or worry -everything WILL be fine and as Wolfie says YES us Freespirits are always there for you no matter what -cheering you on in spirit!!!!Take care my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. The marathon's a mental battle - as is returning to the classroom. I suspect one will help with the other and I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete