Tuesday 11 September 2007

It's the final countdown.....

...as it says in the song! Wibbles have been somewhat stifled, all systems go!

Training wise I completed a 3hr session today, covering 33334m. The Free Spirits have been giving plenty of useful advice so today was very conservatively paced and finished without too much of a problem - at least I was able to get straight off the machine, change into dry kit & drive to collect Oscar from nursery - which must mean that I still had something in the tank by the end! I am much happier now that I will complete the distance.
At present it looks like teams of 8 boys will be doing 5k sessions alongside me - so far 5 VIIIs worth, starting at 30min intervals, so that should keep my attention! It's 'just' logistical matters now; liaising with the chap in charge of the badminton hall to get 9 ergos stored there in advance & set up on the day, gettingin touch with Orchid to get 'extra' to publicise etc.....

Please, please, please... if you haven't already then please visit my webpage at Orchid & allow your finger to twitch in the 'donate now' direction:

At time of writing I'm already over the £100 mark and would love to see that go higher as the marathon gets closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment