Wednesday 19 September 2007

Chill, calm, deep breathing.......

OK - I confess that I'm definitely starting to stress a bit about Saturday. The organisation is pretty much there - 9 ergs are being taken to the Badminton Hall tomorrow & are being stored for Saturday, my 12:30 class is covered so I can start at 11am, the J16 & J18 boys have been arranged by their coaches into five teams of 8 - to pull 5275m each so that each team completes a Full Marathon. They're starting at 12:30 and every half hour thereafter - so they should be finishing at about the same time that I do.

Next job is to put together a poster to publicise the marathon further & to draw attention to the shower cards which I'm going to circulate - provided by Orchid........

I also have one last erg session to do - I haven't actually done any erging since my 33k+ session last week - which is causing me some consternation - but that's the beginning of term for you! I've been coaching the boys on the water - does that count?

On a more positive note - so far I've raised just over £700 - and that's without contributions from hubby's work yet!

If you haven't been there yet, here's the link to the charity website: https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/ergomarathon - or click on the picture of the current total


I doubt I'll post again before Saturday - so watch this space for a report!

1 comment: